i came across this article on populararchaeology.com. The article indicates that a site in the desert of northeastern India may show indications of the presence of modern humans dating back to 95,000 years ago. The region has changed since it was occupied and evidence indicates a much wetter climate persisted.
This site could put into question the theory of how humans dispersed out of Africa into Eurasia. The article poses a bigger question of what species were they?
I’m excited to see more findings on this site as it is further analyzed. Each piece of information is amazing to see how it fits into a much larger picture.
- Neandertals made the first specialized bone tools in Europe (eurekalert.org)
- 81-100 thousand year old modern humans from China (dienekes.blogspot.com)
- Neandertals and Modern Humans in Western Asia (bestamazonebooks.wordpress.com)
- A Middle Paleolithic link between North Africa and the Thar desert (dienekes.blogspot.com)
- Will We Ever Know Everything About Human Evolution? (theadvancedapes.com)
- Neanderthals may have crafted bone tools and passed their knowledge on to modern humans (dailymail.co.uk)